This standard describes a system for establishing and assessing cleaning quality. The standard is based on the overall requirements set out in EN 13549:2001.
The cleaning standard DS/INSTA 800 provides a common basis for cleaning quality, facilitating the co-operation and communication between customers and suppliers within the field of cleaning.
A common language minimizes the risk of misunderstandings.
The standard describes two main principles:
- visual inspection
- inspection with measuring instruments (instrumental measuring methods)
For a certain cleaning task, it may be preferable to use only one or both principles.
The standard can be used in all types of buildings and localities, e.g. all types of premises in office buildings, hospitals, schools, nursery schools, shopping centres, shops, production halls, ships, buses, trains, aircraft, hotels and restaurants, irrespective of the cleaning methods, frequency or system used.
The standard describes the result achieved immediately after cleaning has been completed.
The standard has the following strengths:
- it offers the prospect of unambiguous documentation of a predetermined level of quality;
- it makes it possible for employees to assess the work performance and inspect their own work against predetermined quality profiles;
- it is a tool for the customer and provider to clearly specify the quality requirements for the cleaning service;
- it contains objective measurement criteria, so there is no doubt about the cleaning service;
- it makes it easier for customers to make comparisons between different tenders and easier for the cleaning provider to prepare the tender documents, as the quality levels are defined in the standard.
Buy the standard