This standard covers the main phases, processes and governance aspects of outsourcing, independent of size and sectors of industry and commerce. It is intended to provide a good foundation to enable organizations to enter into, and continue to sustain, successful outsourcing agreements.
Standards give guidance on:
- good outsourcing governance for the mutual benefit of client and provider;
- flexibility of outsourcing agreements, accommodating changing business requirements;
- identifying risks involved with outsourcing;
- enabling mutually beneficial collaboration relationships.
This standard is intended to relate to any outsourcing relationship, whether outsourcing for the first time or not, using a single-provider or multi-provider model, or draft agreements based on services or outcomes. Processes mentioned in this International Standard are intended to be tailored to fit the specific outsourcing strategy and maturity of the client and provider organizations.
This international standard is intended to be used by companies, providers and others, such as:
- decision makers and their empowered representatives
- all stakeholders engaged in facilitating the creation and/or management of outsourcing arrangements
- staff at all levels of experience in outsourcing.
Buy the standard