During this two-day practical training course, you will receive a thorough introduction to the concepts of information security and learn how to meet the specific requirements of the ISO/IEC 27001 standard in practice. Through a series of exercises and questions you will familiarize yourself with the different stages when implementing an Information Security Management System (ISMS).
At the end of day two an online one-hour multiple choice exam will test your acquired skills. Successful delegates will be awarded the DS ISO/IEC 27001 Diploma.
The ISO 27001 course gives you
- An overview of the key information security concepts and the requirements of the ISO/IEC 27001 standard
- A step-by-step approach to implementing an Information Security Management System (ISMS)
- Tools for preparing, implementing, evaluating and improving an ISMS
- Inspiration on how to tackle daily data protection challenges through quizzes and group exercises
- Networking with other participants
- An electronic diploma that can be shared with your colleagues and social network (upon passing the examination)
The course is aimed at managers and employees who are working with information security, possibly in a role of maintaining or improving an Information Security Management System. You could be an Information Security Coordinator, IT Project Manager, CISO, Compliance Officer or DPO, Data or System Owner.
Anders Linde, Chief Consultant at Danish Standards, holds +12 years of experience working with implementation of management systems. Among others, Anders has assisted the Danish Parliament, the National Defense and Nordea Bank in adopting best practices related to information security, privacy and Business Continuity. If you have questions about the course, you are welcome to contact Anders at email@example.com.
Lasse Kaltoft, Consultant at Danish Standards, has extensive experience in establishing management systems for information security and privacy. Lasse has supported companies and authorities with tasks related to supplier requirements, use of health and science data as well as consumer protection. Lasse can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 09:00 Welcome
- 09:15 Basic principles behind an ISMS and the requirements of ISO/IEC 27001
- 10:00 Break
- 10:15 Preparation of implementation of ISO/IEC 27001
- 12:30 Lunch
- 13:15 Management system limitations
- 14:30 Break
- 14:45 Risk assessment
- 16:15 Summary
- 09:00 Repetition
- 09:15 Risk management
- 10:00 Break
- 10:15 Preparation of the SoA document
- 11:00 Selection of measures
- 12:30 Lunch
- 13:15 Evaluation of the management system
- 14:15 Break
- 14:30 Summary and repetition
- 15:00 Exam
- 16:15 Results and feedback