Til det er der brug for en teknisk projektleder samt 5 ledende laboratorier, 5 ”Peer Review” laboratorier, 5 leverandører af referencematerialer samt 1 statistiker.
For yderligere information
- Se ”Call for tender” (pdf)
EnglishCall for Tender
- a Technical Project Leader on the elaboration of five European standards in the field of safety of toys,
- 5 Lead Laboratories for the development and validation of test methods for these standards,
- 5 Peer Review Laboratories to support the development and validation of test methods for these standards,
- 5 Reference Material Suppliers to provide the reference materials for the test method development and validation
- a Statistician to support the validation of the test methods
In Resolution BT C066/2009, the CEN Technical Board (BT) accepted mandate M/445 under certain conditions and allocated the work to the Technical Committee CEN/TC 52 “Safety of toys”. In the meantime, the relevant European Standards have been revised and additional new standards have been elaborated in order to fulfil the mandate.
In the last couple of years several European Directives have been adopted which introduced new limit values in Directive 2009/48/EC, Annex II, Appendix C (see Annex E for an overview of the Directives and limit values relevant for this project).
The limit values specified in Appendix C apply to toys intended for use by children under 36 months or in other toys intended to be placed in the mouth. These limit values are not yet addressed by harmonized European standards. For certain limit values the Commission directives refer to EN 7110:2005 and EN 7111:2005. These standards have not been cited in the Official Journal of the European Union (OJEU) and the procedures specified in these standards were not developed and validated for the stricter limit values specified in the Commission Directives.
The European Commission and EFTA have decided to provide financial support for a project on the development and validation of test methods and standardization work for certain limit values specified in Appendix C. This project consists of the following subprojects:
- Elaboration of a new standard EN 71-aa “Safety of toys – Part aa: Formamide in foamed toy materials”
- Elaboration of a new standard EN 71-bb “Safety of toys – Part bb: TCEP and alternative flame retardants”
- Elaboration of a new standard EN 71-cc “Safety of toys – Part cc: Isothiazolinones in aqueous (toy) materials”
- Elaboration of a new standard EN 71-dd “Safety of toys – Part dd: Phenol”
- Elaboration of a new standard EN 71-ee “Safety of toys – Part ee: Bisphenol A”
These new test method(s) will form the basis for the drafting of the new standards, with participation of the Task Group Convenor (Technical Project Leader).
For more information see the call for tender.